There was quite the buzz when Funky Fluff emerged onto the cloth diaper market earlier this year and with such a successful marketing campaign, I was very intrigued to review their product and find out what all the fuss is about. But…
Is it a pocket diaper?
Is it an all in two?
Is it an all in one?
Well, the choice is yours! Funky Fluff’s 3-in-1 diapers are uniquely designed to function as any of the above by simply adjusting how the snap-in insert is attached:
And the versatility doesn’t end there:
- Funky Fluff diapers come with stay-dry (microfiber topped with stay-dry suede) or bamboo inserts, and additional inserts can be purchased separately. So whether you’re little one is sensitive to wetness, or you’re a natural-fiber only-on-my-baby’s-tushie kind of mama, they’ve got you covered.
- Each one comes with two inserts, a small and a large, which can be used separately or in combination; and their diapers are size adjustable. So whether you’ve got a tiny piddler or a gushing toddler (or both) you’re good to go.
- They’re offered in a variety of fun (or should I say, funky?) gender-neutral colours with contrasting-yet-coordinating coloured snaps. Cool.
I’ve trialed this diaper in all of it’s different forms, and it functions well as any of them. My personal favorite is using it as a pocket diaper, this way you maximize the double gusset feature (which is otherwise covered up by the insert) and there’s no need to snap the insert in or out, which saves that one extra step.
The stay-dry insert is indeed very stay-dry, and quite absorbent. However I’m a fan of natural fibers, so the bamboo inserts would probably interest me more; especially considering I use it as a pocket diaper and there’s already a stay-dry liner build into the diaper shell.
Along with the diaper I received a very handy info sheet about the company and all their different products. I love the way this company (and it’s products) are all about being fun yet professional.
The info sheet that was included offered a lot of great information. One thing it mentions how the insert can be folded at the crease line and the doubled portion placed in the wetzone for maximum absorbency. Although this seems like a good idea in theory, and would definitely maximize absorbency where your little one needs it most, it resulted in a large pouch-like-ness in the front of my little man that not only looked a bit silly, but also uncomfortable. But maybe I was doing it wrong.
Anyways, besides that minor detail, this puppy is great. And really, the diaper is absorbent enough for my baby’s needs as is (without the doubling up). For overnight or long car rides I’d just use both inserts instead of doubling the one.
Overall I find this diaper to be very functional and extremely intuitive. It’s refreshing to receive something unique and outside-the-box to review. I find the versatile design to be particularly beneficial to anyone just getting into cloth diapering who is not yet sure which diaper type will work best for them. And at a price point of only $17.99 for the stay-dry option, or $19.99 for the bamboo-option, (and free shipping on any order over $60) the price won’t scare off newcomers either!
And speaking of friendly, have you checked out their website? Tres cool. Very professional, yet fun and informative.
So, to summarize:
- Very, very versatile
- Reasonably priced
- Company, website, and products are fun yet professional
- Lack of prints (I love me my prints!), but at least they offer a variety of cute gender-neutral colours
The Bottom Line
Considering Funky Fluff 3-in-1 diapers are so versatile and offered at a competitive price, I recommend them to anyone, especially those just starting on cloth who are not yet sure which type of diapering system will work best for them.